On the 18th of June 2016, Marcel Verheggen performed together with the Philips Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Jules van Hessen. Among the works performed was the Concert for organ and orchestra by Hendrik Andriessen. A recording can be found below.
On the 21st of February Marcel Verheggen performed a number of works by Oliver Messiaen during the Olivier Messiaen Weekend.
A video impression of the festival can be found here. The organ starts at 17.15, during which the Transport de joi from L’ascension is being played.
On the 19th of September 2014, Marcel Verheggen performed the Planets by Gustav Holst, arranged for organ by Peter Sykes. This performance was given in collaboration with Hans Heykers.
Mars, the Bringer of War
Venus, the Bringer of Peace
Mercury, the Winged Messenger
Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
Uranus, the Magician
Neptune, the Mystic
A recording can be found here The Planets start at 1h05m.
On the 8th of July 2014, Marcel Verheggen played several works on the Severin organ in the Basilica of Our Lady in Maastricht, during the concert series ‘Pro Organo’.
Nicolas de Grigny: Premier livre d’orgue: Kyrie versetten
- 1er Kyrie en taille à 5
- Fugue à 5. Qui renferme le chant du Kyrie
- Cromorne en taille à 2
- Trio en dialogue
- Dialogue sur les Grands Jeux
- Jean Lambrechts: Entrata, Variazioni e Fuga sopra una vecchia canzone populare Fiammingha
- Antonio de Cabezón: Diferencias sobre el canto llano del Caballero
- S. A. de Heredia: Obra de 8.0 tono alto: Ensalada
- Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, BWV 717
- Praeludium et Fuga in G, BWV 550
On the 14th of May 2014, Marcel Verheggen performed during the Dutch Gregorian Music Festival in the Church of St. Lucia in Ravenstein.
- Anonymous: From the Robertsbridge Codex: Tribum queen
- Charles Tournemire: From Laetare: Communion, Pièce terminale
- Olivier Messiaen: Monodie
- Jehan Alain: Monodie
- Mauricio Kagel: Raga
- Louis Couperin: Fugue Grave sur Urbs Beata Jherusalem, Urbs Beata Jherusalem en trio
- Andries van Rossum (*1957): Instrumentale lijncompositie, gebaseerd op de hymne Urbs Jerusalem
On the 7th of September 2012, Marcel Verheggen performed the world premiere of the piece Cathédrales by Jean Lambrechts, in collaboration with mezzo soprano Regula Boeninger. This performance was recorded by the Dutch Radio 4. You can listen to a recording here.
- Pierres Massives
- Dans l’ombre de la Cathédrale
- Louange (avec soprano)
- En sortant sous les voutes de la Cathédrale
On the 29th of February 2012, Marcel Verheggen performed in the Orgelpark together with Studium Chorale (conducted by Hans Leenders) and the ensemble Neos Brass (conducted by Herman Jeurissen). This concert was given during the international Brückner-festival, which took place from the 29th of February till the 3rd of March in Amsterdam. A live recording was broadcasted by the Dutch radio channel Radio 4.
On the 2nd of March 2012 this concert was performed again in the Basilica of St. Servaas in Maastricht. A recording of this concert can be listened to below.
On the 16th of September 2011, Marcel Verheggen performed the symphonical chorale Jesu Meine Freude by Sigfrid Karg-Elert, during the opening of the Dutch arts festival Musica Sacra. He played on the main organ of the Basilica of St. Servaas in Maastricht. Radio 4 broadcasted this concert on the 21st of September 2011. You can listen to a recording below.
S. Karg-Elert: Symphonical chorale Op. 87 no. 2 (1913)
Jesu Meine Freude
III. Fuga con Corale
On the 2nd of October 2010, Marcel Verheggen gave a special concert for children in the Basilica of St. Servaas in Maastricht. In collaboration with Kiki Jaski and Jannelieke Schmidt, they united organ, song, and theatre during an extraordinary performance.